10 Bean Soup
10 Bean Soup
Women’s Bean Project’s 10 Bean Soup Mix (formerly Toni’s 10 Bean Soup Mix) includes 10 different beans and our special combination of spices. Add a few ingredients and you have a hearty meal that makes a beautiful presentation.
10 Bean Soup
- All natural ingredients; no MSG, preservatives or trans-fats
- Good Sources of Vitamin A, C, Calcium, Iron, Fiber & Plant-Based Protein
- Quick and easy to prepare on stove top, in slow cooker or Instant Pot®
- Certified Kosher
- Beans, a Gluten-Free Food
- 13 oz, 7-8 servings
- Made in the USA
Beans, peas, and lentils are natural agricultural products. Despite use of modern agricultural equipment, it is not always possible to remove all foreign material. Sort and rinse before cooking.
Slow Cooker Instructions for 10 Bean Soup:
- Remove spice packet. Rinse and drain beans.
- Place beans into slow cooker and add 4 cups of water or broth until beans are well covered.
- Place spice packet, garlic and any other fresh vegetables of your choosing into the slow cooker with the beans. Add water or broth until ingredients are covered, about 2-4 cups. Do not add the can of tomatoes yet.
- Place lid onto slow cooker and turn to high setting. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender.
- When beans are soft, add canned tomatoes and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until temperature is at your preference. If adding a meat, cook in a skillet and add with tomatoes.
You may need to check on the soup while it’s cooking to make sure there is still enough water. If water is low and not covering the beans, add a little and continue to cook.
Learn more about cooking with beans here.
Women's Bean Project is a Colorado 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission to change women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency through social enterprise. Women’s Bean Project believes all women have the power to transform their lives through employment. So we hire women who are chronically unemployed and we teach them to work by making nourishing products that we sell across the US through some of the country’s largest retailers. We offer a transitional job in dry food manufacturing designed to provide women immediate income, arrange support services to overcome barriers to employment, and teach the job readiness and life skills needed to get and keep a job. Through their work at the Bean Project, the women learn to stand tall, find their purpose and break the cycle of poverty. Because when you change a woman’s life, you change her family’s life.
A Fair Trade product brought to you by World Peaces
because peace is something we create together
thanks to you